Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
An entirely different kind of fudge, bursting with apple flavor.
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter
- 5 ounces full-fat evaporated milk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups chopped white chocolate or baking chips
- 3/4 cup dried apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup homemade or prepared caramel sauce
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper (or tinfoil - if using foil, spray lightly with cooking spray).
- Combine cider, butter, evaporated milk and sugar in a medium, deep saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat and boil for five minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat. Add white chocolate, diced apple, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Stir until white chocolate is completely dissolved.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Drizzle caramel on top of the fudge and use a knife to swirl through the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours or overnight. To serve, cut into squares.
Recipe by Baked In at http://www.baked-in.com/2012/12/01/apple-pie-fudge/